Facilities and Grants
The National Community Facilities Funding Scheme (NCFFS) is a partnership program between Cricket Australia (CA) and the WACA that provides funding for community cricket facilities across Western Australia.
National Community Facilities Funding Scheme
The NCFFS aims to:
- Improve the quality and consistency of experience in cricket across all levels
- Support cricket facility development in areas of participation and population growth
- Upgrade existing cricket facilities to create inclusive and accessible areas for cricket and the broader community
- Leverage all levels of government and other potential funding partners to contribute to the development and improvement of community cricket facilities
Who can apply?
The fund is open to all clubs, associations and regions across WA that are affiliated with the WACA. Local councils may also apply.
When are applications due?
Round 2 applications open Thursday 16 November and close Friday 22 December 2017.
The scheme supports projects that aim to increase participation. Projects that support the growth of junior and/or female cricket are of particular importance.
- synthetic match pitches and/or training facilities
- turf pitches and/or training facilities
- female-friendly amenities/change rooms.
- How their project will increase participation
- How their project will benefit female, multicultural, indigenous, all ability, junior, senior and veteran participants
- Support from other partners
- Current participation or commitment to participate in MILO in2 Cricket or MILO T20 Blast
- Compliance with MyCricket (where applicable)
What funding conditions apply?
- The combined contribution from CA and the WACA cannot be more than 50 per cent of the total project value
- No funding will be provided for proposals that have commenced
- An acquittal must be completed on a CA template once the project is completed
- Projects must be compliant with Community Cricket Facility Guidelines
How to apply
There is a single online application process accessed via the WACA's Community Cricket Facility Funding Scheme website.
You may also need to have discussions with your local government office. The Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries office in your region may also be able to assist.
For larger projects, please contact your local government and/or the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries.
For more information on the NCFFS, or to clarify any requirements, please contact Stuart Dart, State Infrastructure Manager (WA), via email to email@example.com or phone 9265 7347.