At the Ground
Ground Entry Conditions
Guests visiting the WACA Ground should be aware of the various policies that apply to entry and ticket sales.
Please see below for details of the various policies - note the WACA Ground Conditions of Entry should be read and applied in conjunction with the relevant tournament conditions;
- WACA Ground Conditions of Entry (applicable to ALL events held at the WACA) [PDF]
- Cricket Australia/International Ticket & Entry Conditions [PDF]
- National Refund Policy (international cricket fixtures) [PDF]
- National Refund Policy (KFC Big Bash League) [PDF]
- ICC & CA Policy Statement on Inappropriate Conduct (international cricket fixtures) [PDF]
- Liquor licensing and Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Alcohol free areas
To ensure the comfort and safety of patrons, staff and event participants, the following items are not permitted into the WACA Ground:
- Alcohol & illicit drugs
- Glass bottles or jars (baby feeding bottles and perfume allowed)
- Aluminium cans, flasks (including thermos) & sunscreen cans
- All unsealed drinks, including juice and water*
- Hard eskies of any kind/size
- Chairs (wheelchairs accepted)
- Bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades and scooters
- Image, audio and video recording devices of any kind which have a professional capacity of 200mm+
- Lasers, flares and fireworks
- Weapons of any description
- Selfie sticks
- Pop-up sun tents
- Inflatable items
- Balls and full size cricket bats and stumps (wood, metal or plastic)**
- Flag poles over 1 metre in length
- Stumps (wooden or metal)
- Air horns, musical instruments and vuvuzelas
- Animals (assistance dogs accepted)
- Signs, banners, clothing and other items that display political, religious or offensive messages or logos or that are intended for the engagement of ambush marketing
- Any item that in the opinion of WACA Management has the potential to be used as a missile or has the potential to cause injury, public nuisance or offence to any other person using the venue
*Empty personal drink containers and sealed plastic water or soft drink bottles are permitted. Drinking water fountains are available around the Ground.
**The use of bats and balls during Sheffield Shield and Domestic One-Day Cup matches is permitted in designated areas. They are not permitted during T20 and international fixtures.
Please also note the following regulations, a breach of which may result in eviction from the venue:
- WACA Management reserves the right to refuse entry
- Patrons who do not hold a valid ticket to the event will be refused entry
- Patrons may not be admitted if their tickets are damaged or defaced or their tickets have not been purchased from an authorised ticket agent
- Patrons enter the venue at their own risk
- Bags and other items may be subject to inspection on entry to the venue and may be subject to inspection at any occasion at the discretion of venue management
- Patrons who refuse to present bags for inspection or comply with the stipulated venue entry conditions, may be denied entry to the venue, forfeiting any entry fee already paid
- Patrons may be subject to electromagnetic scanning (wanding) on entry to the venue
- Alcohol cannot be conveyed into or out of the venue
- The WACA Ground is a smoke free venue - patrons wishing to smoke must move to designated smoking areas outside the Ground This includes the use of E-cigarettes and other electronic imitations or simulation devices. Entrants who smoke in the Venue
- may commit an offence under the Tobacco Products Control Regulations 2006 to which fines apply. Entrants who fail to obey a direction from an authorized person to cease smoking in the venue or to leave the venue while smoking may be immediately
- evicted from the venue
- Patrons agree not to deface, damage or remove any infrastructure from the Ground and not to litter
- Musical instruments may be permitted at the discretion of Venue Management. Venue management reserve the right to direct patrons to cease playing such instruments if at such time as they are deemed to be causing public nuisance or offence to any user of the venue
- Deliveries from external caterers will not be permitted into the venue
- Still photographic devices are permitted at the discretion of venue management however the use of such devices for any purpose other than private non-commercial purposes without appropriate accreditation is prohibited; patrons are not permitted to transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise publish, disseminate or reproduce (or permit such), whether in whole or in part, any photograph taken or made inside the Ground without prior approval of WACA Management (penalties may apply)
- Unauthorised entry to the field of play is strictly prohibited. Penalties apply under the Criminal Code Act 1913 (WA) s 70A(2), which states, ‘[a] person who, without lawful excuse, trespasses on a place is guilty of an offence and is liable to imprisonment for 12 months and a fine of $12,000’
- In accordance with Section 110 (4) (b) of the Liquor Control Act, it is an offence to bring alcohol into this venue. Fines apply
- Throwing of any object inside the venue, including onto the field of play, is prohibited
- Sealed water and soft drink and empty personal water bottles are permitted into the venue (plastic only)
- The WACA will not be responsible for any damage to, loss or theft of a patron’s personal property
- Ticket refunds will only be paid in accordance with the relevant event refund policy
- Patrons must not wear or display commercial, political, religious or offensive signage, or logos, sell any goods or services or give away political, religious, advertising or promotional materials without the prior written approval of management
- Patrons are prohibited from engaging in any conduct, acting towards or speaking to any employee, official, event participant or other patron in a manner which offends, insults, humiliates, intimidates, threatens, disparages or vilifies that other person in any way, including, but not limited to, other person’s race, religion, colour, descent or national or ethnic origin
- Patrons are advised CCTV security cameras operate inside this venue and they may be filmed
- Patrons are required to take appropriate care for their sun protection and hydration.
Smoke Free Zone
The WACA Ground is Smoke Free. Patrons must exit the venue and move away from the gate if they wish to smoke. Anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in eviction from the premises. Throwing of items is not permitted within the venue.
Unauthorised entry to the field of play is strictly prohibited. Penalties apply under the Criminal Code Act 1913 (WA) s 70A(2), which states, '[a] person who, without lawful excuse, trespasses on a place is guilty of an offence and is liable to imprisonment for 12 months and a fine of $12,000'.
All persons entering the WACA are advised that:
- They are entering licensed premises
- Intoxicated persons will not be permitted to enter
- Intoxicated persons will be removed from the premises
- It is an offence for minors to purchase and consume liquor
- It is an offence to purchase liquor for, or supply liquor, to minors
- Persons supplying liquor to minors will be reported to the police and penalties apply under legislation
- General admission - east (MILO Family Zone) and west (Bronze) grassed banks.
- East and west grassed banks.
- East and west grassed banks (not including Members Area).
For enquiries regarding any prohibited items, regulations or additional promoter conditions of entry, please phone 9265 7222. Patrons should also observe the Cricket Australia Conditions of Ticket Purchase and Entry to a Venue and Attendance at a Match.