At the Ground
Ground Entry Conditions
Guests visiting the WACA Ground should be aware of the various policies that apply to entry and ticket sales.
Please see below for details of the various policies - note the WACA Ground Conditions of Entry should be read and applied in conjunction with the relevant tournament conditions;
- WACA Ground Conditions of Entry (applicable to ALL events held at the WACA)
- Cricket Australia/International Ticket & Entry Conditions [PDF]
- National Refund Policy (international cricket fixtures) [PDF]
- National Refund Policy (KFC Big Bash League) [PDF]
- ICC & CA Policy Statement on Inappropriate Conduct (international cricket fixtures) [PDF]
- Liquor licensing and Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Alcohol free areas
2017-18 Conditions of Entry to the WACA Ground
Restricted or Prohibited Items
A person may not bring in the following items in to the WACA Ground unless permitted by WACA Management:
- Alcoholic drinks
- All unsealed drinks, including juice and water
- Aluminium cans, thermos, tins, metal containers, glass bottles or glass containers
- Animals (except guide dogs and other assistance animals)
- Audio or video recording devices of any kind that have the ability, to record Audio or Video at a professional level
- Balls – including but not limited to cricket, tennis and footballs
- Bicycles, scooters, rollerblades, skates, skateboards and the like
- Chairs or stools
- Cricket bats longer than 30cm (excluding WACA Ground/event issued merchandise for children)
- Flag poles and/or extendable flag poles over 1 metre in length
- Full sized cricket bats and stumps (metal, wood or plastic)
- Hard eskies of any size or type
- Illicit drugs
- Inflatable items such as beach balls, receptacles, devices or structures
- Flares, fireworks and laser pointers
- Loud hailers, megaphones and musical Instruments of any nature (including vuvuzelas, horns, whistles and drums)
- Oversized signs, banners or flags that are considered by WACA Management as capable of causing a nuisance
- Prams and strollers
- Professional standard still or video cameras, audio recording devices and tripods, and lenses with a total-focal strength of greater then 200mm
- Rollerblades, skateboards, scooters or bicycles
- Selfie sticks
- Signs / banners / clothing or any other item displaying political, religious or offensive messages or logos
- Signs / banners / clothing or any other item intended for the engagement of ambush Marketing
- Shade covers
- Weapons, guns & knives (or any other object that could be used as a weapon)
- Any item that in the opinion of WACA Management has the potential to be used as a missile
- Any item that in the opinion of WACA Management has the potential to cause injury, public nuisance or offence to any other person using the venue Please also note the following regulations, a breach of which may result in eviction from the venue
- WACA is not responsible for, and may not be held liable by any person, for loss, theft or damage to any such restricted or prohibited items left by that person in or around the WACA Ground.
Please note: the following items are not prohibited for the JLT Sheffield Shield Match and Tour Match:
- Full sized Cricket Bats
Some sporting and other activities are dangerous. Patrons viewing such activities do so at their own risk.
Alcohol cannot be conveyed into or out of the venue.
WACA encourages safe, sensible and responsible consumption of alcohol by patrons.
Patrons irrevocably consent to WACA Management, at any time, inspecting and searching (or either) their person, bags, clothes and possessions regardless of size, including by means of handheld or fixed wands, scanners or detectors or pat-down. Patrons declining such search will be refused entry to the WACA Ground.
WACA may not be held responsible for confiscated items (including alcohol).
Deliveries from external caterers will not be permitted into the venue.
In accordance with Section 110 (4) (b) of the Liquor Control Act, it is an offence to bring alcohol into this venue. Fines apply.
Patrons agree not to deface, damage or remove any infrastructure from the Ground.
Littering is prohibited – patrons are requested to use waste receptacles located around and within the WACA Ground.
Security cameras operate around and within the WACA Ground and patrons may be filmed, photographed, or otherwise recorded.
Umbrellas (may be brought into the WACA Ground but cannot be raised or open anytime while inside the WACA Ground).
Patrons are prohibited from engaging in any conduct, acting towards or speaking to any employee, official, event participant or other patron in a manner which offends, insults, humiliates, intimidates, threatens, disparages or vilifies that other person in any way, including, but not limited to, other person’s race, religion, colour, descent or national or ethnic origin.
Patrons are admitted into the WACA Ground at their own risk.
To ensure both patron and player safety, unauthorised entry to the field of play is prohibited (Penalties will apply).
Unless authorised by WACA, patrons must not enter any part of the WACA Ground that is restricted from public access.
Patrons bringing personal items into the WACA Ground do so at their own risk. The WACA may not be held responsible for any damage, loss or theft of patron’s personal property.
Patrons are required to take appropriate care for their sun protection and hydration.
Patrons may be subject to electromagnetic scanning (wanding) on entry to the venue.
Patrons may not be admitted if their tickets are damaged or defaced or their tickets have not been purchased from an authorised ticket agent.
Patrons must not wear or display commercial, political, religious or offensive signage, or logos, sell any goods or services or give away political, religious, advertising or promotional materials without the prior written approval of management.
Patrons found with a lost, stolen, counterfeit, damaged or unreadable ticket will be refused entry or evicted from the WACA Ground.
Patrons who cause a disturbance, are offensive, discriminatory, display anti-social behaviour, use foul or abusive language, making racial or threatening remarks or gestures, commit indecent exposure or refuse to comply with reasonable requests made by WACA may be evicted.
Patrons who refuse to present bags for inspection or comply with the stipulated venue entry conditions, may be denied entry to the venue, forfeiting any entry fee already paid.
Still photographic devices are permitted at the discretion of venue management however the use of such devices for any purpose other than private non-commercial purposes without appropriate accreditation is prohibited; patrons are not permitted to transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise publish, disseminate or reproduce (or permit such), whether in whole or in part, any photograph taken or made inside the Ground without prior approval of WACA Management (penalties may apply).
Cameras including mobile telephones with camera interfacing, must not be used in areas such as change rooms, parenting rooms and toilets.
The WACA Ground is a smoke free venue. This includes the use of E-cigarettes and other electronic imitations or simulation devices. Entrants who smoke in the venue may commit an offence under the Tobacco Products Control Regulations 2006 to which fines apply. Entrants who fail to obey a direction from an authorized person to cease smoking in the venue or to leave the venue while smoking may be immediately evicted from the venue.
Throwing of any object inside the venue (including onto the field of play), is prohibited and will result in the patron responsible being evicted.
Ticket refunds will only be paid in accordance with the relevant event refund policy.
WACA Management reserves the right to refuse entry.
Patrons should also observe the Cricket Australia Conditions of Ticket Purchase and Entry to a Venue and Attendance at a Match.
Patrons are requested to respect the areas surrounding the WACA Ground and the neighbouring private homes, businesses and institutions by acting in an appropriate manner, not littering and not making excessive noise when exiting or entering the WACA Ground or associated car parks.
Any articles placed at the entrance to the admission gates to the WACA Ground must not be left unattended. WACA accepts no responsibility for personal articles and reserves the right to remove any such articles.
Patrons who do not observe the Conditions of Entry will not be permitted entry. Patrons who have been admitted but subsequently fail to comply with the Conditions of Entry may be removed from the WACA Ground without refund of any entry fee(s).
WACA reserves the right to close the WACA Ground gates regardless of whether all ticket holders entitled to admission have gained admission to the WACA Ground, if in the opinion of WACA Management, the admission of further persons to the WACA Ground would or might endanger the safety of those persons who seek admission or have already been admitted.
For enquiries regarding any prohibited items, regulations or additional promoter conditions of entry, please call WACA Reception on 61 8 9265 7222.
WACA may replace or vary these Conditions of Entry at any time and without notice.
Smoke Free Zone
The WACA Ground is Smoke Free. Patrons must exit the venue and move away from the gate if they wish to smoke. Anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in eviction from the premises. Throwing of items is not permitted within the venue.
Unauthorised entry to the field of play is strictly prohibited. Penalties apply under the Criminal Code Act 1913 (WA) s 70A(2), which states, '[a] person who, without lawful excuse, trespasses on a place is guilty of an offence and is liable to imprisonment for 12 months and a fine of $12,000'.
All persons entering the WACA are advised that:
- They are entering licensed premises
- Intoxicated persons will not be permitted to enter
- Intoxicated persons will be removed from the premises
- It is an offence for minors to purchase and consume liquor
- It is an offence to purchase liquor for, or supply liquor, to minors
- Persons supplying liquor to minors will be reported to the police and penalties apply under legislation
- General admission - east (MILO Family Zone) and west (Bronze) grassed banks.
- East and west grassed banks.
- East and west grassed banks (not including Members Area).
For enquiries regarding any prohibited items, regulations or additional promoter conditions of entry, please phone 9265 7222. Patrons should also observe the Cricket Australia Conditions of Ticket Purchase and Entry to a Venue and Attendance at a Match.