|The Western Australian Cricket Association (WACA) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. This document sets out the WACA’s policy on how it will manage your personal information.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database) from which it is possible to determine your identity. Examples of personal information include your name, postal address, telephone number and email address.
How does the WACA collect your personal information?
Personal information about you is collected by the WACA in a number of ways, including:
How does the WACA use your personal information?
- directly from you, for example, when you provide information to the WACA by phone, email, in an application form or through the WACA websites; and
- from third parties, such as Cricket Australia.
If you do not wish to receive WACA newsletters, publications and other communications, please contact the WACA (contact details are set out below).
- verify your identity;
- develop, run, administer and market competitions, programs, activities and other events relating to cricket and other sports;
- market products, services, merchandise and special offers made available by the WACA, Cricket Australia or their respective corporate partners, licensees, suppliers and sponsors;
- administer and manage their respective websites and provide you with access to those websites;
- keep you informed of news and information (such as advance notice of ticket sales) relating to cricket and other sports, including by distributing newsletters, publications and other communication via various mediums;
- research and develop new competitions, programs, activities and other events relating to cricket and other sports; and
- research and develop new products, services and merchandise relating to cricket and other sports.
What happens if you choose not to provide the WACA with personal information
You are not obliged to provide us with your personal information. However, if you choose not to provide us with the requested personal information we may not be able to provide you with the full range of our services.
Health and sensitive information
In some circumstances the WACA may collect:
Health information about you may be used to ensure that cricket programs in which you participate are run safely and in accordance with any special health needs you may have and for insurance purposes.
- information about your health; or
- other sensitive information about you (for example, information about your racial or ethnic origin).
In addition, the WACA may use de-identified health information and other sensitive information to carry out research, to prepare submissions to government or a government body or to plan events and activities. De-identified information is information which has been aggregated or otherwise de-identified so that it cannot be used to identify you or any other individual.
When does the WACA disclose your personal information?
Your personal information may be disclosed to:
- Cricket Australia;
- Organisations (other than Cricket Australia) involved in cricket and sporting programs and initiatives in Australia;
- companies that the WACA has engaged to carry out functions and activities on our behalf;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- our insurers;
- the Australian Institute of Sport; and
- otherwise as required or authorised by law.
When you visit a WACA website, our systems may record certain information about your use of those websites (such as which web pages you visit and the time and date of your visit). This information is used to help analyse and improve the performance of the WACA’s websites.
In addition, "cookies” may be used on the WACA’s websites. Cookies are small text files that help a website to remember your preferences and improve your experience of using that website. Using cookies is standard practice for most large websites. In some cases, the cookies that we use may collect some personal information about you. This information will be treated in the same way as other personal information collected about you by the WACA. If you prefer, you may be able to disable cookies on your internet browser. However, if you do so, you will not be able to enjoy the enhanced user experience that our cookies offer.
The WACA may also collect Internet Protocol (IP) addresses relating to you when you access and use the websites. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network of computers which makes up the internet. The WACA may collect and manage IP addresses for internet session management and security purposes.
Accuracy of your personal information
All reasonable precautions are taken to ensure that the personal information collected, used and disclosed is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the WACA relies on the accuracy of personal information as provided to the WACA both directly and indirectly.
If you find that the personal information the WACA holds about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact the WACA immediately (contact details are set out below) and reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that it is corrected.
How can you access the personal information the WACA holds about you?
Subject to some exceptions provided by law, you have the right to access your personal information. For security purposes, if you would like to access personal information that the WACA holds about you, then you will be required to put your request in writing. If the WACA does not allow you access to any part of the personal information that is held about you, you will be told why. The WACA will not charge you for lodging a request to access your personal information, but it may charge you for its reasonable costs in supplying you with access to this information.
How to contact us
please contact the HR Manager via the following media:
Mail: PO BOX 6045, East Perth, WA 6892
Telephone: 08 9265 7222