|Guests visiting the WACA Ground should be aware of the various policies that apply to entry and ticket sales. Please see below for details of the various policies - note the WACA Ground Conditions of Entry should be read and applied in conjunction with the relevant tournament conditions;
Unauthorised entry to the field of play is strictly prohibited. Penalties apply under the Criminal Code Act 1913 (WA) s 70A(2), which states, '[a] person who, without lawful excuse, trespasses on a place is guilty of an offence and is liable to imprisonment for 12 months and a fine of $12,000'.
There are a number of strictly prohibited items at the WACA Ground including the following (see full list of prohibited items above);
Drink containers that have been previously opened (unsealed) are not permitted however empty personal drink containers and sealed plastic water or soft drink bottles are permitted. Drinking water fountains are available around the Ground.
- Glass (including glass bottles or jars)
- Hard and / or foam eskies
- Beach balls
- Bicycles, skateboards and scooters
- Audio and video recording devices
- Stumps (wooden or metal)
- Air horns/Vuvuzelas
The use of bats and balls during Sheffield Shield and Domestic One-Day Cup matches is permitted in designated areas. They are not permitted during T20 and international fixtures.
The WACA Ground is Smoke Free. Patrons must exit the venue and move away from the gate if they wish to smoke. Anti social behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in eviction from the premises. Throwing of items is not permitted within the venue.
Liquor Licensing and Responsible Service of AlcoholAll persons entering the WACA are advised that:
Alcohol Free Areas
- They are entering licensed premises
- Intoxicated persons will not be permitted to enter
- Intoxicated persons will be removed from the premises
- It is an offence for minors to purchase and consume liquor
- It is an offence to purchase liquor for, or supply liquor, to minors
- Persons supplying liquor to minors will be reported to the police and penalties apply under legislation
For all international cricket fixtures the following areas are alcohol free;
For interstate fixtures the only alcohol free areas that apply are the east and west grassed banks. For T20 Big Bash League fixtures, there is no alcohol free areas in the Inverarity Stand.
- General admission - east grassed bank
- Bronze - west grassed bank
- Silver - northern perimeter block 1
- Gold - Inverarity Stand block 1
- Platinum - Inverarity Stand block 1
Prams are permitted at the WACA Ground for low attendance matches (Sheffield Shield). Due to limited space during international and T20 Big Bash League fixtures, we are unable to permit prams into seated areas or onto grassed banks. Patrons holding a ticket for these areas should cloak their pram (at Gate 2) prior to entering the venue.
Umbrellas can create an obstruction to other patrons and therefore are not permitted into the venue at any time.