The Talented Athlete Program (TAP) was conceived and introduced to the WACA system in 2011. This program was designed to identify the most promising junior cricketers from the U14, U15 and U16 male, U15 and U18 female age groups, including players from regional WA, and provide them with holistic development over and above the normal cricket disciplines.
These areas of development included:
Looking back over the program after its first season there is no doubt that there will be enormous benefits for all participants in the coming seasons.
- musculo-skeletal screening
- strength/fitness testing
- the provision of a personalised introductory strength program
- access to mentoring with current Warriors players
- dietary education and guidance
- a comprehensive mental skills program
- skill development utilizing video taping and specialist coach support
- running technique program
- throwing/fielding program
For further information please contact: Lindsay Flinn | Talented Athlete Program Coordinator
Phone: 9265 7209
Mobile: 0411 056 591