The WACA is setting the stage for an exciting future for cricket in Western Australia and is committed to ensuring cricket, the nation’s number one participation sport, continues to grow.
Vision 2030 is the result of thorough and detailed investigations of WACA Ground development options carried out by a sub-committee of the WACA Board. The resulting Vision 2030 Report outlines a blueprint for the game in Western Australia that will see more cricket for spectators, more player and game development facilities and more benefits for WACA Members.
The future WACA Ground, along with the new 60,000 seat Perth Stadium due for completion in early 2018, will create an impressive world-class sporting precinct, which capitalises on the future growth of both cricket and other sports.
Vision 2030 will see:
- Cricket in WA transformed by the new WACA Vision 2030 blueprint
- WACA Ground to become a 15,000 permanent capacity boutique stadium
- Proposed new stands and significantly more shade among the range of upgrades to be provided to spectators
- New dedicated player facilities and high performance training facilities to play a fundamental role in the future development of cricket
- Test Matches shared between the WACA Ground and Perth Stadium
- Flexibility for co-location of the West Australian Football Commission at the WACA Ground
- Vision 2030 supported by Cricket Australia potentially resulting in more premium cricket content for Western Australia
Find the full WACA announcement here [PDF]
Find the WACA Vision 2030 Report to Members here [PDF]