Claremont-Nedlands 224 (Hope 84, Hobson 52, Abell 3-37) defeated by Fremantle 6-237(cc) (Davenport 52, Abell 43, Simpson 1-30)

Fremantle have stunned Claremont-Nedlands, defeating the ladder leaders by 13 runs in a brilliant bowling display on Saturday at Cresswell Park.

After being sent in to bat, Fremantle made a strong start to the innings with openers Sam Whiteman and Jake Carder scoring a 44-run partnership, before Whiteman was stumped at 1-44.

Following the loss of Whiteman, Carder continue Fremantle’s solid start with Thomas Abell, adding a further 42 runs to the total.

At 3-116, following the dismissal of Abell for 43, Fremantle’s batsmen found the runs flowing with ease, navigating through the Tigers’ much-vaunted bowling attack.

Daniel Kennedy and Chris Davenport made the most of their opportunities, posting a hard-fought 56-run fourth-wicket stand.

The loss of Kennedy at 4-172 did nothing to slow Davenport down, as he powered on to push the total beyond 200.

Tigers’ bowler Chris Simpson finally got the breakthrough wicket of Davenport after a quick-fire 52 from 59, slowing the visitors down at 5-217.

Fremantle posted further 20 runs before batting out the full 50 overs for a handy score of 6-237 in a positive innings where all batsmen contributed on the scoreboard.

With the target set, Claremont-Nedlands opened the innings in uncharacteristic fashion, losing opener Jacob Whiteaker cheaply at 1-10.

However, Nicholas Hobson and Brad Hope pushed through the awkward early overs to produce a momentum-changing 108-run second-wicket stand.

While Hobson was removed for 52 at 2-118, Hope was keen to continue blasting the ball to all parts of the ground, teaming up with Jamie Crawley to add a further 48 runs to the total.

Although the Tigers were seemingly on top in the match with only 72 more runs to chase down for victory, Fremantle’s bowlers found their range, triggering a monumental batting collapse.

At 2-166, the Tigers proceeded to lose their eight wickets for an astonishing 58 runs to be bowled out for 224, falling 13 runs shy of Fremantle’s total.

Abell and Carder were tremendous with the ball, combining to take five wickets as the Tigers batting line up crumbled under the immense pressure.

Hope did his best for the home side, scoring 84 from 122 in the shock loss.

Gosnells 163 (McFarlane 29, Leipold 27, Rocchiccioli 5-41) defeated by University 3-257(cc) (Jacks 90, Sabburg 77, Foster 1-16)

University have inflicted yet another loss up Gosnells, defeating the home side comfortably by 94 runs on Saturday at Sutherlands Park.

After winning the toss and electing to bat, University burst out of the blocks with a solid 42-run partnership to Will Jacks and Daniel Moore.

However, the partnerships that followed blew Gosnells out of the water and gave University a stranglehold on the match.

Jacks was joined at the crease by in-form batsman Chris Sabburg at 1-44, where the pair belted a scorching 114 runs, before Jacks was dismissed after sensational 90 runs from 118 balls.

Not content with that, Sabburg then added a further 90 runs to the total with Viv Paver, boosting the score to 246 before he was removed for 77.

University added 10 more runs to the total to end the innings with a superb score of 3-257, with Paver finishing unbeaten on 59.

With a solid total to chase down, it was a case of bad things coming in threes for Gosnells, with the home side losing its first three wickets in the blink of an eye to be floundering at 3-11.

A 45-run partnership to Matthew Leipold and David Roberts looked to put Gosnells back in the game, before Cory Rocchiccioli asserted his dominance on the match.

The University bowler took three wickets in the space of 19 runs, dropping Gosnells to its knees at 6-75.

Ryan James-Buckley and Liam Duffield managed to add a further 34 runs to the total, before another three wickets fell, as Rocchiccioli claimed his fifth wicket for the day.

With Gosnells reeling at 9-120, some late innings hitting from number 10 batsman Jeremy McFarlane managed to push the score up to 163 before Jacks took the final wicket, ending Gosnells’ run chase after 43 overs.

Joondalup 9-249(cc) (Gericke 55, Hinchliffe 48, Stevens 3-41) defeated by Scarborough 7-252 (Barnard 55, Knight 40no, Oakley 4-59)

Scarborough has snuck home with a tight three-wicket win over Joondalup in a high scoring affair on Saturday at Iluka Sports Complex.

After winning the toss and electing to bat, Joondalup got off to a blinding start through openers Garrick Morgan and youngster Louis Gericke.

The pair produced a 64-run opening stand before Morgan was dismissed by Lachlan Tyler.

However, the loss of Morgan did nothing to distract Gericke, with the youngster joining forces with Clinton Hinchliffe to add a further 74 runs to the score, before the opener was eventually removed for 55 at 2-138.

After making their way to 5-211, the Centurions lost their final four wickets in the space of 38 runs, finishing their innings on 9-249.

Gericke top scored for Joondalup in just fourth First Grade game with 55 runs, while Tyler and Liam Stevens combined for six wickets for Scarborough.

With a lofty target to chase down, the Gulls opened the run chase with a terrific 65-run partnership through Lochie Hardy and Jeremy Boyle.

However, two quick wickets to Blair Oakley put the match back on an even keel, with the Gulls at 2-72.

Boyle continued his handy work with the bat, boosting the score to 107 with in form batsman Edward Barnard, before he was removed for 40.

Barnard took the reins throughout the middle of the innings for Scarborough, scoring a quick-fire 55 from 58, taking the score to 5-163 before his day was ended by Harry Larmett.

Samuel Moylan and Liam Knight then took over the final stages of the run chase, knocking off 63 runs in a terrific sixth-wicket partnership to bring the Gulls within 23 runs of Joondalup’s total.

The loss of Stevens at 7-244 was only a minor blip on the radar of the Gulls, with Knight and Cody Rose hitting the winning runs in the 47th over.

Knight finished with a tremendous cameo of 40 runs from 27 deliveries, while Oakley did his best with the ball for Joondalup, taking 4-59.

Midland-Guildford 231 (Borthwick 63, Kirwan 42, Botha 4-46) defeated by South Perth 8-266(cc) (Banton 85, Cleary 46, Verco 2-44)

South Perth has continued its climb up the ladder, defeating the lowly Midland-Guildford by 35 runs on Saturday at Lilac Hill.

After winning the toss and electing to bat, Tom Banton and David Cleary produced a superb second-wicket partnership worth 83 runs, boosting the score to 119 following the early loss of Braydon Meuleman.

Cleary became the anchor throughout the middle overs following Banton’s dismissal for 85, pushing the score to 156 before he too was removed for a hard-earned 46.

With Midland-Guildford’s bowlers applying the clamps to South Perth’s batsmen, Chris Chellew and Jayden Schadendorff decided to accelerate the run rate, adding 48 runs to the total to push the score above 200.

Alex Bevilaqua, Brandon Guest and Michael Bailey all contributed with the bat in the final throws of the innings for South Perth, helping the visitors to a highly defendable total of 8-266.

With a lofty target set, the Black Swans scrambled to 2-40, before Keaton Critchell and Scott Borthwick produced a handy 52-run partnership to get the match back on an even keel.

Following the loss of Critchell at 3-92, Borthwick continued to crunch the ball to all parts of the ground, adding a further 49 runs to the score with James Kirwan, before he was bowled by Bailey.

Austin Thomas came and went shortly after, leaving the Black Swans stuttering on 5-149, before Michael Ferreira and Zade Reynolds-Harris combined for 42 runs, giving the home side a shot at an unlikely victory.

However, South Perth’s bowlers fought back hard, incredibly taking the final five wickets in the space of 40 runs to bowl the Black Swans out for 231.

Borthwick tried his best for Midland Guildford, finishing with 63 from 65, while Eric Botha was the pick of the bowlers for South Perth, taking 4-46 and guiding his side to an important 35-run victory.

Perth 155 (Snadden 33, Smith 20, Simmons 3-13) defeated by Rockingham Mandurah 6-250(cc) (Bracey 77, Ugle 60no, Baker 3-26), Fletcher Park

Rockingham-Mandurah has reclaimed top spot on the ladder following a terrific 95-run demolition of Perth on Saturday at Fletcher Park.

After being sent in to bat, the Mariners got to 3-92, thanks to a handy 47-run second-wicket partnership to Tyler Robertson and James Bracey.

Although Perth looked to have the momentum, Bracey and Dane Ugle swung the match back in the Mariner’s favour with a sensational 111-run fourth wicket partnership.

Following the loss of Bracey at 4-213 for 77, Ugle anchored the rest of the innings for the Mariners, helping the visitors to a lofty 6-250 at the end of the fifty overs.

Ugle was back to his best with the bat, producing a hard-fought 60 runs from 87 balls, while Jack Baker was damaging with the ball, taking 3-26.

With a difficult target to chase down, Perth got off to a slow start, losing 3-36 as the Mariners bowlers looked to assert their dominance on the contest early.

Struggling to find a noteworthy partnership, Perth continued to lose wickets with frustrating ease, falling to 6-99 as Jacob Snadden came to the crease to make a dent in the run chase.

With the match getting out of hand for Perth, Snadden and Joel Curtis eked out a 22-run partnership, pushing the score to 121 before Snadden was removed for 33.

The Demons’ tail could not handle the immense pressure being applied by the Mariners’ bowlers, with the final three wickets falling in the space of nine runs as Perth were bowled out for a total of 155.

Craig Simmons was superb with the ball, taking 3-13, while Joel Marion, Brandon Jacobs and Tyler Robertson took two wickets each in a terrific team performance.

Subiaco Floreat 5-248(cc) (Green 119no, How 56, Wainman 4-59) defeated Bayswater-Morley 8-246(cc) (A.Todd 69, Loiacono 40, Maritn 3-30)

Subiaco Floreat have held off a fast finishing Bayswater-Morley to secure a two-run win on Saturday at Floreat Park.

After winning the toss and electing to bat, the Lions found themselves in all sorts of trouble early, losing Tim Monteleone and Hamish McKenzie at 2-14.

However, white-hot batsmen Calum How and Cameron Green came to the rescue for the Lions, belting 97 runs in a terrific third-wicket partnership.

Following How’s dismissal for 56 after a superb half century, Green continued on his merry way, joining forces with Aaron Lilly to add another 133 staggering runs to the total.

James Wainman finally broke the brilliant partnership, removing Lilly for 52 with a beautiful delivery to claim his third wicket of the day.

Wainman struck again moments later, as the Lions ended the innings with a lofty 5-248.

Green was simply stunning with the bat, finishing on 119 not out and scoring his second consecutive century, while Wainman secured well-deserved figures of 4-59.

It is the second week in a row Green has not been dismissed after scoring a century.

With a solid target to chase down, the Bears got off to a cracking start through openers Ryleigh Cameron and Aaron Todd.

The dynamic duo put on a 75-run opening stand, setting the tone for the batsmen to come, before Cameron was dismissed for 36.

Mitchell Todd then joined Aaron at the crease, adding a further 51 runs to the total as the Bears appeared to be cruising towards the total.

However, disaster struck the Bears in the form of Lucas Martin and Tim Monteleone, with the Lions pair ripping through Bayswater-Morley’s middle top order.

The Bears lost five wickets in the space of 51 runs, falling to 6-177 and facing a mountain to climb to steal victory.

Although all seemed lost for the Bears, Lane Berry and Ross Loiacono lead the the late innings fightback for the visitors, pushing the total up to 244.

Unfortunately for the Bears, Berry was dismissed at 8-244 after a brave 40-run innings, leaving Bayswater-Morley four runs behind the Lions’ total.

The Bears could only muster two more runs to fall three runs short of victory, with the Lions jumping to fifth on the ladder after a nail-biting win.

Martin and Monteleone combined for five telling wickets throughout the middle overs, while Aaron Todd top scored for the visitors with 69 runs.

Wanneroo 4-169 (Birt 60no, Smith 38, Duffield 1-21) defeated Melville 168 (Reed 38, Terry 29, Cattrall 2-22)

Wanneroo has stunned Melville, bowling the Storm out for 168 before romping home to an emphatic six-wicket win on Saturday at Kingsway Sports Ground.

After winning the toss and electing to bat, Melville blasted its way to 1-89, following a handy 53-run second-wicket partnership to Blake Reed and Sean Terry.

However, the loss of Terry for 29 sparked a horrendous batting collapse for the Storm, losing nine wickets for an astonishing 79 runs.

The Storm had no answers to the Roos' bowling pressure, as Melville suffocated under the barrage and were bowled out for 168.

The Roos enjoyed terrific service from all of their bowlers, with Chris Quelch, Jack Cattrall, Kyle Millar and Matthew Spoors taking two wickets each in the dominant display.

With a small target to chase down, the Roos almost found themselves in dire straits, falling to 4-77 and sending a shock through the coaching ranks.

However, Kyle Millar and Travis Birt came to the rescue for Wanneroo, guiding the home team to victory after 47 overs.

Birt was tremendous once again with the bat, scoring a blistering 60 runs from 54 deliveries as Melville had no answers to the terrific fifth wicket partnership.

Willetton 220 (Godfrey 67, Milentis 63, Berendsen 4-61) defeated Mount Lawley 171 (Berendsen 46, Chislett 32, Hardie 3-13)

Willetton has returned to the winners list in emphatic style, defeating Mount Lawley by 49 runs on Saturday at Burrendah Park.

After winning the toss and electing to bat, Willetton made the perfect start to its innings through openers Iszak Milentis and James Godfrey.

The prolific pair produced a stunning 111-run opening stand, putting the Hawks on the back foot early and setting the tone for the day.

Following the loss of Godfrey for 67, Milentis partnered up with new batsman at the crease Aaron Hardie to add a further 43 runs to the total.

However, the loss of Hardie at 2-153 sparked a batting collapse for the Dragons, dropping eight wickets in the space 60 runs to be bowled out for 220.

Luke Berendsen and Jay Chislett were instrumental for the Hawks with the ball, combining to take seven wickets and restricting the Dragons to an under-par total after such a blistering start.

With the target set, the Hawks could not buy a partnership throughout the first half of the run chase, scrambling to 7-102 without a finding a noteworthy partnership.

Hardie took three of the first seven wickets in a powerful six over spell of bowling, in which he went for just 13 runs.

With the match looking to have past the Hawks by, Berendsen and Chislett combined once again, this time with the bat, to produce a terrifically hard-fought 68-run eighth-wicket stand.

However, the loss of Berendsen for 46 at 8-170 proved to be the end of the resistance for the Hawks, losing the final two wickets for just one run to be bowled out for 171.

The Dragons enjoyed superb input from all their bowlers, with Will Rhodes, Simon Mackin and Kallen Bond taking two wickets each to go with Hardie’s 3-13.