Fremantle 107 (Sutton 46, Davenport 18, Porter 3-15) defeated by Melville 136 (Scollay 74, Reed 16, Heath 2-19), Stevens Reserve East

Melville has defeated Fremantle by five wickets in a hard-fought semi-final clash on Sunday at Stevens Reserve East. The Storm started their innings well enough through Tom Scollay and Blake Reed scoring a 47-run opening partnership. However, Fremantle’s bowlers struck back, taking Reed for 16 and Matthew Wiley with the next ball for naught. Scollay continued to anchor the innings for Melville, belting 74 from 42 including five fours and five sixes before being dismissed at 5-118. The Storm then found themselves in the midst of an epic collapse, losing their final five wickets for 18 runs, finishing their innings on 136. With a smallish total to defend, Melville’s Ryan Duffield found his range early, taking out opener Matthew Micale for a duck, before capturing another two wickets shortly after, leaving Fremantle sweating on 3-21. However, a 38-run partnership between Jarryd McPhee and Brayden Sutton and a further 35-run partnership from Sutton and Anthony Collova put Fremantle’s innings back on track. Sitting at 5-94, Melville’s bowlers struck sharp and fast, knocking over Fremantle’s final five wickets for a meagre 13 runs, pushing the Storm into the next round of the T20 finals.


Subiaco Floreat 68 (How 32, Monteleone 11, Ardagh 4-34) defeated by Wanneroo 7-172 (Holden 61, Richards 35, Fatouros 2-10), Breckler Park 2

Wanneroo handed Subiaco Floreat a demoralising 104-run defeat in Sunday’s T20 semi-final match at Breckler Park 2. The Roos kicked off their innings with a huge 96-run partnership between Max Holden and Rob Richards, giving the visitors a solid platform from which to launch. Holden eventually finished with a blistering 61 from 37, leaving the Roos on 2-108. The Roos then battled manfully, all the while losing wickets, to the lofty total of 172 at the end of the innings. Subiaco Floreat’s response was almost non-existent, scrambling to 27 before losing three wickets in a row for naught. Sitting at 3-27, the innings went from bad to worse for the Lions, as the Roos took another three wickets in quick succession, leaving the home side chasing a miracle for victory on 6-47. Calum How (32) was the only batsmen to score over 11 runs for the Lions, as Kyle Millar helped wrap up the tail, taking three of the final four wickets to claim a huge semi-final win for Wanneroo.


Mount Lawley 5-124 (Mouchemore 46, Sharman 20, Kirwan 2-10) defeated Midland Guildford 8-122 (Thomas 34, Mast 33, Taylor 2-15), Breckler Park 1

Mount Lawley has secured a sensational last-gasp five-wicket win over Midland Guildford in Sunday’s T20 semi-final clash at Breckler Park 1. Midland Guildford started their innings shakily, losing 3-43 with Hawk’s bowler Matthew Taylor taking two of the first three wickets. Jordan Mast (33) and Julian Crudeli (24) fought their way to respectable totals, pushing the total past 100. Tom Beaton took the final two wickets of the innings, containing Midland Guildford to 8-122 at the end of 20 overs. The Hawks then entered the crease, knowing they did not need anything drastic to chase down the smallish total. However, Midland Guildford struck first, with Crudeli bowling James Newnham for 10 and Jack Baker running out Tom Beaton for 13. Sitting nervously at 2-44, Oliver Mouchemore and Dylan Sharman put on a match-saving 49-run partnership, pushing the total towards 100. Unfortunately for the Hawks, the partnership ended ferociously as James Kirwan claimed both Mouchemore and Sharman, leaving the hawks on 4-93. With the game coming down to the wire, the Hawks needed something special, which Taylor and Sean Rakich provided, hitting the winning runs off the final ball.


Claremont Nedlands 9-175 (Paris 66, David 29, Knight 5-18) defeated Scarborough 8-111 (Boyle 38, Moylan 21, David 3-23), Stevens Reserve West

Claremont Nedlands pushed deeper into finals action after posting a huge 64-run victory over Scarborough in Sunday’s T20 semi-final at Stevens Reserve West. The Tigers struggled to get their innings going early, losing 2-16 through Scarborough’s Ryan Knight. However, some crafty batting from Tim David and Cameron Steel helped to push the total to 4-81. Joel Paris then entered the crease and immediately found a partner in Chris Brabazon, with the duo smashing a 49-run fifth-wicket partnership. Paris continued to show his wares with the bat, crunching 66 off 34, which included two fours and six sixes, to push the Tigers total to 7-153. Knight continued to clamp down on the Tiger’s batsmen, taking 5-18 as the Tigers finished the innings on 9-175. Claremont Nedlands continued its momentum into Scarborough’s innings, taking 4-39 as its bowlers took charge of the match. Scarborough found some resistance in Sam Moylan and Jeremy Boyle, scoring a team-high 22-run partnership before Boyle was dismissed for 38. At 5-67, Scarborough continually struggled to find momentum with the bat, as Tim David and Haydan Morton ran riot at the end of the innings, keeping Scarborough to the lowly total of 8-111 after 20 overs and securing the semi-final win.



Mount Lawley 90 (Beaton 21, Sharman 19, Richards 3-7) defeated by Wanneroo 8-139 (Millar 37, Johnston 23, Kandiah 3-25), Breckler Park 1

Wanneroo has forced its way into the Grand Final after a rousing 49-run victory over Mount Lawley in the Preliminary Final. The Roos began their innings without much conviction, losing Max Holden cheaply for five runs before scraping their way to 4-57. Jacob Johnston managed to find a partner in Christian Smith, however, the partnership was short-lived, garnering just 19 runs before Johnstone was dismissed at 5-76. Kyle Millar then entered the crease and immediately found his rhythm, as he and Smith put on an innings-saving 39 runs. Millar finished with 37 from 27 as the Roos ended the 20 overs at 8-139, while Justin Kandiah was the standout bowler for the Hawks, taking 3-25. Mount Lawley then began its innings in similar fashion to the Roos. Struggling for consistency, Tom Beaton (21) and Dylan Sharman (19) were two of the three batsmen to reach double figures for the Hawks. Wickets continued to drop like flies throughout the Hawks’ innings with Wanneroo’s bowlers continually making every shot difficult. Holden finished the Hawks’ innings, taking the last wicket for the day to claim a 49-run win.


Claremont Nedlands 5-127 (Hobson 63no, Paris 20, Porter 2-19) defeated Melville 5-126 (cc) (Wiley 37, Porter 35, Paris 2-22), Stevens Reserve West

Claremont Nedlands have once again displayed its batting prowess, chasing down Melville’s 126 to claim a five-wicket win and a place in the T20 Grand Final. After winning the toss and electing to bat, Melville started its innings well enough. Losing openers Tom Scollay and Blake Reed at 2-28 was no more than a blip on the radar, as Matthew Wiley and Drew Porter entered the crease and punched out a solid 58-run partnership. The pair finished with 37 and 35 respectively as Joel Paris and Tim David harassed the following batsmen, keeping the total to a manageable 5-126. The Tigers then came to the crease with the confidence of knowing their batting line up is capable of anything. However, losing 3-44 early in the innings, the Tigers’ magnificent season seemed to be crashing down around them. Although, Nicholas Hobson had other ideas, as he and Paris put on a match saving 63-run partnership. Paris was eventually dismissed for 20, as Hobson continued to anchor the innings for the Tigers. With the total within reach in the final over, Hobson and Haydan Morton hit the winning runs with four balls to spare, as Hobson finished the day with a match-winning 63 not out to help send the Tigers to the Grand Final.