Claremont-Nedlands 6-186(cc) (Hobson 95no, Edmonstone 38no, Morris 4-45) defeated Scarborough 8-185(cc) (Hardy 60, Johnston 52no, Hope 2-22)

Claremont-Nedlands is through to its fifth-straight One Day Grand Final after dismantling Scarborough by four wickets on Sunday at Cresswell Park.

The Tigers started the match ruthlessly with the ball, holding Scarborough to 4-67 early in the innings.

However, a hard-fought 58-run fifth-wicket partnership between Lochie Hardy and Jacob Johnston brought the Gulls back to life, boosting the score to 125.

Unfortunately for the Gulls, the loss of Hardy for 60 at 5-125 looked to be a critical hit in their batting attack, as Johnston and the tail-enders scrambled to 8-185 at the end of the 50 overs.

Johnston finished with a well-earned half-century, while Brad Hope (2-22), Joel Paris (2-30) and Chris Simpson (2-32) were instrumental in keeping Scarborough to such a low total.

With a small target set to chase down, it was the Tigers’ turn to feel the pressure from the bowling side, as Scarborough’s pace attack bombarded the batsmen with brutal delivery after delivery.

Lance Morris was on fire with the ball early, taking four of the first five wickets of the innings, rattling the Tigers’ defences as they crumbled to 5-36.

With the match already on the line, Nicholas Hobson managed to dodge the early chaos to partner up with Hamish Morton, scoring a much-needed 54-run sixth-wicket partnership.

If Hobson felt any nerves with his side on 6-90, he certainly did not show it, as he teamed up with Jackson Edmonstone to produce a match-winning partnership worth 96 runs to chase down the total after 42 overs.

Hobson was an irresistible force with the bat, belting an unbeaten score of 95 from 117 balls, and clocking six fours and two sixes along the way.

Willetton 110 (Bond 29, Dhillon 17no, Hansberry 5-20) defeated Subiaco-Floreat 82 (Lilly 32, Green 15, Hardie 5-25)

Willetton is through to its second straight One Day Grand Final after defeating Subiaco-Floreat by 28 runs on Sunday at Burrendah Park in one of the lowest scoring matches in recent memory.

Neither side managed to get going and break the shackles of an oppressive bowling attack, as the two high-scoring sides struggled in the bowler-friendly conditions.

Not even Scorchers’ dynamo Cameron Bancroft (16) was able to break through, with Kallen Bond top scoring for the home side with 29.

However, Lion’s skipper Chris Hansberry was influential with the ball, taking superb figures of 5-20, while Michael Hart chipped in with three wickets to help keep the Dragons to an astonishingly low total of 110.

With an incomprehensibly small total to chase down, it was the Lions’ turn to face the bowler-friendly conditions, as they struggled their way to 4-25.

A small 23-run partnership to Aaron Lilly and David Lane looked to give the Lions a shot of life, pushing the score to 48, before Aaron Hardie made his presence felt with the ball.

Hardie destroyed Subiaco-Floreat’s middle order, taking five of the last six wickets in a match-winning performance with the ball to help bowl the Lions out for an equally shocking total of 82.

Hardie finished with the brilliant figures of 5-25 from his 10 overs, while Lilly tried his best with the bat for the Lions, scoring 32 from 54.

The dour win puts Willetton into its second Grand Final in a row against Claremont-Nedlands.