Claremont Nedlands 3-174 (Hobson 83no, Whiteaker 31, Lagana 2-45) defeated Willetton 170 (Hardie 53, Brennan 26, Morton 5-38), WACA Ground

The win continued Claremont Nedlands' stunning redemption following the club's 2014-15 One Day Final loss to Joondalup, with the Tigers going on to record title wins over Rockingham-Mandurah, Fremantle and now Willetton in the subsequent years.

After winning the toss and electing to bat, Willetton’s Kallen Bond avoided a first ball duck after a LBW appeal from Joel Paris failed, before crunching the next ball for four.

Stuart Biss found the going tough early, copping a short ball on the gloves from Paris before bringing up his first runs of the match with a boundary through mid-wicket.

Tim David and Paris clamped down on Willetton’s batsmen shortly after, stifling the flow of runs.

Feeling the pressure, Bond looked to bludgeon a shot over the fielder at backward point, but instead sliced it to Cameron Steel at gully off a brilliant Paris delivery.

Biss was the next to fall, with Tim David trapping him in front to have Willetton on the ropes early at 2-34.

New batsmen at the crease Aaron Hardie and Sean Brennan took their time to get set, scoring a run between them in three overs, before starting to turn over the strike.

The pair grew in confidence to produce a 55-run third-wicket stand to steady the innings, however, with Brennan needing a runner after picking up an injury in the 22nd over, Bradley Hope trapped him on 3-89.

With Hardie settling in for the day, captain Matthew Johnston struggled to get going, scoring just three runs from 11 deliveries before edging a sharp delivery from James Allenby through to the keeper.

At 4-107, James Godfrey came to the crease and immediately made an impact, boosting the score to 137 as Hardie brought up his half century off 78 balls.

However, the ever-dangerous Haydan Morton quickly found his range for the Tigers, knocking over Godfrey with the very next ball, leaving Willetton sitting awkwardly on 5-137. 

Morton then went on a rampage in a sensational spell of bowling which turned the match on its head, taking the next four wickets of the match in the space of 20 runs.

Shayne Wornes, Aaron Hardie, Matt Hanna and Chris Lagana all fell to Morton’s wizardry, as the Tiger’s spinner completed his 10 overs with figures of 5-38, leaving Willetton well short of a decent total at 9-161 after a Player of the Match performance.

Turkich took the final wicket of the innings, finally getting rewarded for his brilliant bowling performance, as Willetton were bowled out for a smallish total of 170.

With the target set, Claremont Nedlands came to the crease on a mission.

Jacob Whiteaker and Nicholas Hobson opened the innings with a superb 65-run partnership, with each batsman belting six fours during their opening stand.

Willetton paceman Chris Lagana finally made the breakthrough, taking out Whiteaker after he scored 31 from 46 balls.

At 1-65, Cameron Steel came to the crease and slowly built into his innings, while Hobson continued to bash and crash, bringing up his half century with a brutish pull-shot for four.

The pair effectively took the match away from Willetton, adding 74 runs to the total during their tremendous second-wicket partnership, before Steel spooned a drive to mid off.

Needing only 32 runs with eight wickets in hand, Tim David played a quick cameo role, smashing three fours from his 16 runs to get the total to 3-156.

Hobson and Bradley Hope had no trouble accounting for the final 15 runs required, with Hobson belting a four down the ground to secure Claremont Nedland’s third consecutive One Day premiership, ending the day unbeaten on 83.