Guide to managing volunteers
Training for Volunteers
Do your new volunteers have the skills and qualifications needed for their role?
What about your existing volunteers, could they do with any further training and development opportunities?
Well-trained volunteers will feel more capable and confident, which will make their experience a positive one and increase the chances of them volunteering for longer.
We also need to consider flexible training options to suit the needs of the busy volunteer where possible Eg. Online courses, webinars.
Here’s where to find training and resources available for your Club roles:
- Scoring – Click here to view the guide to MyCricket Live Score
- Coaching – Click here to view courses and videos
- Umpiring - Click here to view courses and videos
- MyCricket – online registration, creating fixtures, team administration, data entry, etc
- First Aid – Contact St. John WA at www.stjohnwa.com.au
- Inclusion and Diversity Programs
- Cricket Club / Association administration
- Child Safeguarding
Here are some ideas for promoting training opportunities:
- Promote an annual calendar of training and development opportunities so people can clearly see what is available.